Conditions and criteria for treatment
- Males and females ≥18 years of age
- Clinical diagnosis of a ischemic stroke for longer than 3 months
- Significant functional or neurologic impairment related to the diagnosis that confines the subject to a wheelchair or requires the subject to have home nursing care or assistance with general activities of daily living
- No substantial improvement in neurologic or functional deficits for the 2 months prior to enrollment in the study per medical history
- Life expectancy greater than 24 months
- Ability to understand and provide signed informed consent, or have a designated legal guardian or spouse willing to make such decisions on the subject’s behalf
- Reasonable expectation that patient will receive standard post-treatment care and attend all scheduled safety follow-up visits
You are not Eligible for Treatment if…
- History of uncontrolled seizures.
- Presence of immune deficiency disorder.
- History of cancer within the past 5 years.
- Clinically-significant hematologic, hepatic, or renal impairment as determined by screening clinical laboratory tests
- Presence of any other clinically-significant medical condition, psychiatric, or laboratory abnormality
- Findings on baseline MRI suggestive of ≤ 12 months subarachnoid or intracerebral hemorrhage, or cerebral neoplasm.
- History within the past year of drug or alcohol abuse
- Females known to be pregnant, lactating or having a positive pregnancy test (will be tested during screening) or planning to become pregnant during the study